uMsinga Local

  • Social Links:

Overview

View all the latest uMsinga Local vacancies here. On this page you will find all the latest job openings for 2022. Interested candidates can find the latest jobs and apply online.

About the Department

Welcome to the uMsinga Local vacancies page. On this page you will find all the latest open job opportunities available at the uMsinga Local.

Msinga Local Municipality is an administrative area in the Umzinyathi District of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. The name means a current in the sea where air movement causes ripples on top of the water surface and ends up influencing the nearby climatic conditions through its breeze. Msinga is a largely rural area with 70% of its area being Traditional Authority land held in trust by the Ingonyama Trust. The remaining 30% of land is commercial farm land, all of which is located to the north of Pomeroy. Due to the rural nature of the municipality, approximately 99% of the population lives in traditional areas. The municipality is in the south western part of the district municipality area. The nature of the topography is such that Msinga is largely located in deep gorges of the Tugela and BuffaloRivers. This effectively isolates the area from the immediate surrounding municipal areas. Msinga is accessible via the R33, linking it with Dundee, Ladysmith, Pietermaritzburg, Kranskop and Weenen. The population of Msinga is estimated to be 160 000 people, in an area of 2 500 sq km, resulting in a population density of 64 people per square kilometre. There is a dominance of the three peri-urban settlements of Tugela Ferry, Pomeroy and Keate’s Drift. The population densities of these three areas are higher than in the rest of the municipality. The population density pattern is further reinforced by rural villages that act as satellites to the three major settlements. The population dynamics result in a growing rural area and a declining urban area in Msinga, contrary to most other areas in the country. This can be attributed to the fact that the urban areas of Msinga are very small and are unable to provide the normal range of goods and services provided in urban areas. As a result, the population utilizes the neighbouring areas of Emnambithi and Umvoti for urban services. The strong traditional culture prevalent particularly in Msinga is a valuable asset that must be preserved and valued. These traditional areas provide support mechanisms for the communities, as well as living custodians of the culture. Msinga Municipality has the lowest levels of basic services when compared with the rest of the municipalities within this district.

Latest News

A Strategic Approach to Finding Your Next Job

Try to resist the edge to apply for just any and job in your field that gets posted. Streamline your search by mostly applying for jobs that you have adequate experience and qualifications for. This will increase your chances of securing interviews significantly.

How to Prepare for a Virtual Interview

Telephonic and online interviews are gaining popularity as companies adopt stricter health and safety protocols. Some companies will only invite you for an in-person interview if you make it to the final round. This means if you want a chance of securing a job, you will need to master online interviews.

How to Compile your CV in 2022

Gone are the olden days where writing a CV was a copy and paste of your roles and responsibilities, employers want to know your value proposition, how will you help and improve them, they would like to see the results of what you have previously achieved, they don’t want to be stuck with the wrong person for the job.

Join SA Gov Jobs

Login or Join SA Gov Jobs to view job details, and get access to other free awesome features, like Resume Management, Online Job Applications, Profile Building, Job Notifications, Job Matching, electronic Z83 Management and other great features.