CHIEF PHYSIOTHERAPIST REF NO: ADD/PHYSIO48/2023 (X1 POST)
SALARY: R520 785 per annum. Other benefits: 13th cheque medical aid (optional), housing allowance (conditions apply).
CENTRE: Addington Hospital: KwaZulu-Natal
Grade 12 certificate/Senior Certificate. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Physiotherapy. Registration certificate with the HPCSA as a Physiotherapist. Current registration with the HPCSA as a Physiotherapist. A minimum of three (03) years relevant experience after registration with HPCSA) as a Physiotherapist. Certificate of Service. Recommendation: A valid driver’s license. Computer Literacy. Knowledge, Skills Training and Competencies Required: Sound knowledge of current health and public service legislation, regulations, and policies. Knowledge in the application of clinical Physiotherapy theory, practice, and ethics, good knowledge on scope of practice, ethical codes and relevant legislation. Clinical reasoning and decision-making skills. Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team. Good organisation and time management skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal relations. Supervisory skills for juniors and students.
- Execute all physiotherapy supervisor duties, functions and responsibilities to the best of ability and within all applicable legislation.
- Provide a consultative physiotherapy and rehabilitation services to health professionals and patients.
- Assist in developing protocols to ensure that physiotherapy and rehabilitation services comply with occupational health and safety.
- Maintain the optimal utilisation of human resources in the rehabilitation department.
- Assist in providing advice and guidance on the selection and purchase of rehabilitation equipment whilst ensuring quality cost effectiveness.
- Provide clinical training to physiotherapy students from tertiary institution.
- Participate in Quality Improvement programmes of the physiotherapy department and institution as requested.
- Involvement in monitoring and evaluation programmes of the physiotherapy department such as clinical and documentation audits, leave and attendance audits, NCS, Ideal Hospital assessments etc.
- Participate in regular performance management assessments. Participate in staff development activities e.g. CPD, in-service training, case presentations etc.
- Ensure safety and security of equipment and consumable resources of the department.
All applications should be forwarded to: Attention: The Human Resource Department, Addington Hospital, P O Box 977, Durban, 4000 or dropped off in the Application Box at Security, Staff Entrance, Prince Street, South Beach, Durban. It is recommended that applications be hand delivered or couriered as the Hospital is experiencing delays with posted applications.
Applications are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs SD Naidoo Tel No: (031) 327 2346
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023