- Reference: *********
- Salary: R257 508 per annum
- Qualifications: Bachelor Degree
- Centre: High Court Western Cape Division, Cape Town
- Enquiries: *********
- Where to submit application: *********
- Notes: The Office of the Chief Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195(1)(i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996, the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act55) of 1998) and the relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration and preference will be given to Women and Persons with Disabilities. Note: Applications quoting the relevant reference number must be submitted on the new form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department. Received applications using the incorrect application for employment (old Z83) will not be considered. www.dpsa.gov.za-vacancies/ www.judiciary.org.za. The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies are allowed; certification should not be more than six months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Please indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
REQUIREMENTS: Grade twelve (12) or equivalent qualification with typing/ Secretarial Diploma. One (1) to three (3) years? Secretarial experience or as an Office Assistant. A Paralegal Qualification and/ or an LLB Degree or a minimum of 20 modules completed towards an LLB, BA or BCom Law Degree will serve as an added advantage and results must accompany the application. A valid driver?s license. Shortlisted candidates will be required to pass a typing test. Skills and Competencies: Proficiency in English. Good communication skills (verbal and written). Administration and organizational skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to meet strict deadlines and to work under pressure. Attention to detail. Customer care service skills. Excellent typing skills. Confidentiality and time management. Computer literacy (MS Word) and research capabilities. DUTIES: Typing (or format) of draft memorandum decision, opinions or judgment entries written by or assigned by Judge. Provide general secretarial/administrative duties to the Judge. Manage and type correspondence, Judgments and orders for the Judge (including dictaphone typing). Arrange and diarize appointments, meetings and official visits and make travel and accommodation arrangements. Safeguarding of all case files and the endorsement of case files with an order made by the Judge. Update files and documents and provide copies of documents to the Registrar. Perform digital recording of court proceedings on urgent court cases after hours or on circuit court and ensure integrity of such recordings. Store, keep and file court records safely. Render registrar duties for the judge in the court and also while on circuit court. Management of Judge?s vehicle, logbook and driving thereof. Compile data and prepare reports and documents for assigned Judges as necessary; including expense reports, continuing legal hours, financial disclosure statements and case management. Arrange receptions for the Judge and his or her visitors and attend to their needs. Management of Judge?s library resources and updating of documentation. Execute legal research as directed by the Judge and comply with departmental prescripts, policies, procedures and guidelines.