- Reference: *********
- Salary: R470 040 per annum
- Qualifications: Bachelor Degree
- Centre: Provincial Office: Northern Cape
- Enquiries: *********
- Where to submit application: *********
- Notes: Applications quoting the relevant reference number must be submitted on the new form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. Received applications using the incorrect application for employment (old Z83) will not be considered. Each application for employment form must be duly signed and initialled by the applicant. Failure to sign this form may lead to disqualification of the application during the selection process. The fully completed and signed new form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s), academic transcripts including senior certificate, ID-document and a Driver?s license where applicable. The certification must be not older than six (6) months from the date of the advert. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
REQUIREMENTS: Three (3) year National Diploma (NQFL 6)/ Undergraduate Bachelor Degree (NQFL 7) in Environmental Health / Occupational Health / Hygiene / Analytical 19 Chemistry / Chemical Engineering. Valid driver?s license. Four (4) years functional experience in Health and Hygiene Inspection / Services. Knowledge: Departmental Policies and procedures, Batho Pele Principles, Public Service Act and regulations, OHS Act and Regulations, OHS Standards, OHS Management System. Skills: Facilitation, Planning and Organizing, Computer literacy, Interpersonal, Problem Solving, Interviewing, Presentation, Innovative, Analytical, Research, Project management. DUTIES: Provide inputs into the development of Health and Hygiene policies and ensure implementation of OHS Strategy for the Department in terms of OHS legislations. Conduct complex inspections for Health and Hygiene regularly as per inspection programme. Conduct technical research on latest trends in Occupational Health and Hygiene within identified sectors. Provide support for enforcement action, including preparation of reports for legal proceedings.