ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: INSPECTION AND ENFORCEMENT SERVICES
REF NO: HR4/4/6/166
SALARY: R527 298 per annum
CENTRE: Labour Centre Polokwane
B-Degree in Labour Relations/ Labour Law/ LLB/ BCOM Law. Four years’ experience in Inspection and Enforcement functions and valid driver’s license. Knowledge: Departmental policies and procedures, Skills Development Act, Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Skills Development Levies Act, Public Service Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act, COIDA, Unemployment Insurance Act, UI Contribution Act, Employment Equity Act, Immigration Act, Rules of the Labour Court, Criminal Procedure. Skills: Facilitation, Planning and organizing, Computer literacy, Interpersonal, Conflict handling, Negotiation, Problem solving, Interviewing skills, Presentation, Innovative, Analytical, Verbal and written communication.
- Manage and monitor quality inspections with the aim of enforcing and ensuring compliance with Labour Legislations.
- Manage the planning and monitor investigations on reported cases pertaining to contravention of Labour Legislation and enforce, as and when necessary, including making preparations for and appearing in court as a State witness.
- Provide guidance and manage proactive (Blitz) inspection programme for compliance with Labour Legislations.
- Manage and monitor the advocacy campaign on Labour legislations as per work plan.
- Compile and consolidate statistical reports on regional, allocated cases and inspection.
Chief Director: Provincial Operations: Private Bag X9368, Polokwane, 0700 or hand deliver at: Department of Employment and Labour, No.42a Schoeman Street, Polokwane
It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s)
ENQUIRIES: Ms TE Maluleke Tel No: (015) 290 1768
CLOSING DATE:17 November 2023 at 16:00