The new Z83 application form is to be used by only persons with an original Identity Document (ID) or an official passport holder wishing to apply for an advertised position in a government department.
So, check below for all the details related to the different Z83 Formats and where to Download New Z83 Application Form (PDF and Word).
Download the Z83 Form – Editable PDF
You can choose to fill in the pdf z83 download and fill in the form electronically and submit it. You can do so by saving it on your computer and opening it using different software like Acrobat Reader. For a quicker option to download the form click on the the link below:
Download the Z83 Form – Word Version
One could also opt to download the z83 form in a Word format if they are not comfortable with filling in the pdf document. The Z83 word form is not any different from the pdf format of the document.
Regardless of the file format in which one wants the document to come in, all the operations regarding z83 forms download can be done on the department of labour website.
The printed copies of the Z83 form are also available free of charge at every government department in all 9 provinces of South Africa.
How To Fill in the Z83 Form?
An application is often the first opportunity the job seeker has to make a good first impression so, in order to maximise your chances of landing a job opportunity in a government department, these are the following steps to follow when filling the Z83 form. The form also has a new set of questions being asked.
- Read the entire form thoroughly. This will help you to clearly understand all the questions on the application form. If you find it difficult to under- stand or satisfactorily answer some questions, you can ask someone to help you.
- Follow the instructions on the application form.
- Fill in personal details which include your surname, full names, date of birth, ID number if you are a South African citizen, and a passport number if foreign national.
- Mark an ‘X’ under the correct choice in the race section.
- Mark an ‘X’ for the Yes/No questions.
- Fill in the additional information when asked.
- Fill in your preferred language for correspondence and circle the method of correspondence you prefer. This would be the way they communicate with you.
- Under contact details:
- Should you have circled ‘Post’, fill in your postal address.
- Should you have circled ‘E-mail’, fill in your email address.
- Should you have circled ‘Telephone’, fill in your telephone number or cellphone number.
- Don’t forget to put your initials on every page at the bottom right corner where it says ‘Initial.
- Attach a CV, along with any other additional documents they’ve asked for.
- You will have been given an address to where you will need to hand deliver or post the completed form.
The New Z83 form was introduced on the 1st of January 2021 and has been in effect since then. No applications submitted using the previous form will be considered. As a result, it is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure that the form you are using for job applications is the newly approved form. The form is available for download from the Department of Public Service and Administration, or you can obtain a copy from your local government department.
- After getting ahold of the document, take time to read through every section to ensure that you understand every detail about it. Then proceed to fill it in.
- Fill it in neatly and carefully. If they can’t read your handwriting, your application will be rejected.
- Fill in the Z83 form PDF reference number exactly as it appears in the job post.
- Check it yourself.
- Get someone else to check your whole form for you.
- Attach all the necessary documents.
- Remember to date and sign your form.
The Z83 form is an application for employment document that anyone who is applying for any position in any of the government departments must complete in response to any of the advertised positions.
The Z83 application form is designed to help government departments screen and identify suitable job seekers to be interviewed for an open position. The form consists of basic information such as personal details, qualifications, language proficiency, work experience, and references.
The form also has a new set of questions being asked, some that are related to previous criminal record convictions, whether you’ve been dismissed before for the public service of misconduct as well as any pending disciplinary hearings.
So, getting to know more details about this document is crucial, especially since only those candidates that would have filled the document accurately will be contacted to show up for the interview.
Only persons wishing to apply for an advertised position in a National or Provincial government department.
- All information will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and will not be disclosed or used for any other purpose than to assess the suitability of a person, except in so far as it may be required and permitted by law. Your personal details must correspond with the details in your ID or passport.
- Passport number in the case of non-South Africans.
- This information is required to enable the department to comply with the Employment Equity Act, 1998.
- This information will only be taken into account if it directly relates to the requirements of the position.
- The Executive Authority shall consider the criminal record (s) against the nature of the job functions in line with internal information security and disciplinary code.
- The applicant may submit additional information separately where the space provided is not sufficient.
- Departments must accept certified documents that accompany the application(s) with certification that is up to 6 months unless the advert prescribes a longer period.