RESEARCH TEAM MANAGER: HORTICULTURE
The ARC-Tropical and Subtropical Crops (ARC-TSC) seeks to appoint experienced and dynamic persons to the following position at Nelspruit in Mpumalanga Province: Research Team Manager
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Research, this position requires a hard-working scientist and an experienced manager to lead the Horticulture team and be responsible for the overall management of
Horticulture-related research on citrus and subtropical fruits,
Key Performance Areas:
- Initiates, coordinates and manages projects. Coordinates project plan with the Senior Manager.
- Manages people within projects, and ensures optimal utilisation.
- Compiles and manages project budgets.
- Ensure all projects within the Division are properly managed and to the accepted scientific and client standards.
- Provide leadership with regard to research within the Institute.
- Actively sources new national/ international research opportunities, assist with proposals writing.
- Plans and coordinates research with single or multi-disciplinary team
- Identifies and prioritises the need for resources (equipment and material) in project(s) and manages
- PhD in Horticulture or related discipline.
- At least 10 years’ relevant post-PhD experience in the management of research teams.
- Proven research and managerial record of accomplishment in the field of Horticulture related disciplines
- Minimum of 15 peer-reviewed scientific publications.
- Proven experience in attracting externally funded projects.
- Proven experience in human and financial management.
- Proven experience in project and programme management.
- Experience in networking with national and international clients, stakeholders and researchers.
- Excellent interpersonal, project management, administrative and communication skills across all levels.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite.
- Proven experience in report writing and compiling of presentations.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Registration with a scientific and professional body will be an added advantage.
- Programme and financial management, planning and organizing skills.
- NRF rating will be an added advantage.
- Valid EB or C1 driver license.
Enquires to Dr Yolisa Pakela-Jezile (013) 753 7000 or Marita@arc.agric.za
A competitive remuneration package will be congruent with the scope, responsibilities and the stature of the position. The appointment will be subject to a positive security clearance and preference will be given
Applications accompanied by covering letter, detailed CV (Including certified copies of certificates, supporting documents, copy of driver’s license) must be e-mailed to email@example.com
NB: Non-RSA citizens with work permit must attach certified copies as well as the names and
particulars of three (3) traceable referees.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16 JANUARY 2023