PROGRAM OFFICER REF NO: DBE/30/2023 (X4 POSTS)
Position: Program Officer
(12 Months Contract with an option to renew)
G2G Project implemented by the Department of Basic Education (Pretoria)
SALARY: R958 824 per annum, (all-inclusive remuneration package)
CENTRE: Department of Basic Education (Pretoria)
Gauteng Department of Education (Gauteng Province)
KwaZulu-Natal Department of Education (KwaZulu-Natal Province)
Mpumalanga Department of Education (Mpumalanga Province)
Applicants must be in possession of a three-year relevant post matric qualification (NQF level 6) or equivalent qualification in Education or Health or Social Science as recognised by SAQA; A relevant Post Graduate degree will be an added advantage; 4 years’ relevant experience at supervisory level in Education, training, project management and coordination; Experience in facilitating training activities; Experience in monitoring and evaluation; Experience in School health/Inclusive education/Special needs in education/ Curriculum/ Teacher Development and Governance, Experience in coordination and collaboration at National or Provincial level; Good communication skills (verbal and writing), Inter-personal relations, networking and computer skills; An understanding of the interface between the South African Government operations and NGO environment; An excellent knowledge and understanding of professional training principles, theories, practices and terminology, as well as the principles and procedures of the South African Government in project management and reporting; Ability to engage with Senior leadership in the education department at provincial and district levels; Ability to fast track the institutionalization and harmonization of the G2G activities into all relevant program areas in the provincial education department; Ability to take initiative and solve problems; Ability to implement a monitoring framework; Ability to take initiative and solve problems; Ability to co-ordinate stakeholder groups; Ability to liaise with officials at Provincial levels of government and key stakeholders in the field; Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, ability to demonstrates diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork, productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, innovation and energy in support of DBE’s commitment to diversity; Ability to work beyond regular core business hours; A valid driver’s licence and willingness to travel extensively.
- The successful candidates will be responsible for supporting the respective provinces to initiate the G2G implementation arrangements working in collaboration with relevant directorates;
- Maintaining closer working relationships with provincial G2G contact person and senior management in the education department at provincial and district levels;
- Working closely with the provincial Integrated School Health Programme (ISHP) coordinators and the integrated school health program teams including President Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR);
- Sourcing partners providing HIV prevention, care and treatment services in support of learners; Leading the implementation of all the deliverables and milestones under the Fixed Amount Reimbursement Agreement (FARA);
- Writing quarterly and semi-annual progress reports and any other additional reports as required; Submitting all achieved deliverables and milestones to the national G2G lead to route within DBE and Treasury for approval and transmittal to USAID;
- Facilitating regular meetings with national DBE, province and district to review program implementation; Identifying measures to overcome implementation bottlenecks and enhance quality of deliverables;
- Ensuring that daily operations of overall program implementation activities are on schedule; Ensuring that reports and new plans are prepared with enough lead time to get the necessary approvals;
- Facilitating all training activities; Ensuring that training resources and all related materials are available at the focus schools; Collaborating closely with the national G2G lead;
- Overseeing the roll out activities by engaging substantially in the training, implementation, data collection and reporting; Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the project;
- Facilitating, scheduling and resourcing of activities under the G2G; Liaising with USAID, DBE G2G team, to ensure better coordination and collaboration at both the national and provincial level;
- Directly supervising the G2G project coordinators; Representing the Department in meetings with District officials and local stakeholders; Overseeing the Learner Support Agents work plan and performance.
Applications must be submitted on the most recently approved Z83 Application for Employment Form, obtainable from the DBE Website or any Public Service Department/Webpage. Use of the old Z83 Form will result in disqualification. The Z83 must be completed in full and page 2 duly signed. A clear indication of the post and reference number that is being applied for must be indicated on your Z.83. Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit the Z83 with a detailed Curriculum Vitae. (only). Certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents will be requested from shortlisted candidates on or before the day of the interview. Successful candidates will be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (criminal record, citizenship & financial/asset record checks, qualification and employment verification including social media profiles). Appointment is subject to positive results of the security clearance process. The successful candidate will be required to sign an annual performance agreement and, where applicable, annually disclose his/her financial interests. All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with. Applicants who do not comply with the requirements outlined above, will not be considered. Applications received after the closing date and e-mailed or faxed applications will not be considered.
Submitted via post to: Private Bag X895, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-deliver to: The Department of Basic Education, 222 Struben Street, Pretoria. Please visit the Department of Education’s website at www.education.gov.za.
CLOSING DATE: 17 November 2023, (Applications received after the closing date and faxed
copies will not be considered).