ASSISTANT PROJECT OFFICER REF NO: DBE/31/2023 (X6 POSTS)
Position: Assistant Project Officer
(12 Months Contract with an option to renew)
G2G Project implemented by the Department of Basic Education (Pretoria)
SALARY: R527 298 per annum
City of Johannesburg District (Gauteng Province)
Ugu District (KwaZulu-Natal Province)
King Cetswayo District (KwaZulu-Natal Province)
Ekangala District (Mpumalanga Province)
Gert Sibanda District (Mpumalanga Province)
Enhlanzeni District (Mpumalanga Province)
Applicants must be in possession of a three-year relevant post matric qualification (NQF level 6) or equivalent qualification in Education, or Health or Social Science as recognised by SAQA; A relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage; 3 years’ relevant experience in supporting the implementation of training activities; Experience in facilitation and leading key capacity building sessions; An understanding of the interface between the South African Government operations and NGO environment; An understanding of current education and school health policies and the various child protection legislation; Training and facilitation skills; Good communication skills (verbal and writing), Inter-personal relation, networking and computer skills; Ability to take initiative and solve problems; Ability to implement a monitoring framework; Ability to co-ordinate stakeholder groups; Ability to liaise with officials at Circuit and/ or district levels of government and key stakeholders in the field; Ability to work independently and as a part of a team; Ability to work beyond regular core business hours; Ability to demonstrate creativity and be energetic; A valid driver’s license and be willing to travel extensively
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the relevant district with the coordination and implementation of the Government to Government (G2G) activities in the selected schools;
- Leading relevant engagements with School Management, School Governing Body (SGB) members, parents, provincial and district officials;
- Creating strong service referrals between Health, Education, and Social Welfare services to advocate the strong implementation of Comprehensive Sexual Education (CSE) in the relevant region schools;
- Providing support and monitoring the achievement of results at the school level;
- Coordinating training for educators, School Management Teams (SMTs), School Governing Bodies (SGBs) Learner Support Agents (LSAs) and Dreams Ambassadors;
- Coordinating and supporting the implementation of health and social services in schools; Supporting the strengthening of the functionality of Support Based School Team (SBST);
- Supporting the implementation of the Peer Education activities in the relevant region; Compiling program and monitoring reports;
- Working in collaboration with the other G2G team members at National, Provincial, District and school level structures including the Learner Support Agents and reporting expertise;
- Capturing data from the school level; Working in collaboration with the SMT, focal life orientation and Life skill educators and the LSAs;
- Representing the Department in meetings with District officials and local stakeholders;
- Developing periodic reports in line with the Department’s requirements and supporting the reporting of LSAs related work under the G2G program; reporting to the relevant Provincial Office and District.
Applications must be submitted on the most recently approved Z83 Application for Employment Form, obtainable from the DBE Website or any Public Service Department/Webpage. Use of the old Z83 Form will result in disqualification. The Z83 must be completed in full and page 2 duly signed. A clear indication of the post and reference number that is being applied for must be indicated on your Z.83. Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit the Z83 with a detailed Curriculum Vitae. (only). Certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents will be requested from shortlisted candidates on or before the day of the interview. Successful candidates will be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (criminal record, citizenship & financial/asset record checks, qualification and employment verification including social media profiles). Appointment is subject to positive results of the security clearance process. The successful candidate will be required to sign an annual performance agreement and, where applicable, annually disclose his/her financial interests. All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with. Applicants who do not comply with the requirements outlined above, will not be considered. Applications received after the closing date and e-mailed or faxed applications will not be considered.
Submitted via post to: Private Bag X895, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-deliver to: The Department of Basic Education, 222 Struben Street, Pretoria. Please visit the Department of Education’s website at www.education.gov.za.
CLOSING DATE : 17 November 2023, (Applications received after the closing date and faxed
copies will not be considered).