ASSISTANT MANAGER NURSING PHC REF NO: AMN PHC 50/2023
SALARY: R683 838 – R767 184 per annum. Other Benefits: medical aid (optional), 8 % rural allowance, housing allowance: employee must meet the prescribed requirements.
CENTRE: Eshowe District Hospital
Grade 12/Standard 10 / Matric. National Diploma/ Degree in nursing that allow evaluation in health care environment. A minimum of 10 years Appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with SANC in General Nursing. At least 6 of period referred above must be appropriate/ recognisable experience after obtaining post basic qualification in the relevant specialty. At least 3 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate / recognised experience at Management level. Current registration with South African Nursing Council (SANC). NB: Certificate of service from previous employers, verification of employment from current employer, which must be endorsed and signed by Human Resource Management, will only be requested for submission from shortlisted candidates. Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Training Required: Knowledge of nursing care process and procedures, nursing statutes, and other relevant legal frameworks i.e. Nursing Act, Occupational Health& Safety Act, Patient’s Right charter, Batho Pele principles, Public Service Regulations, Handling of Misconduct and grievance procedure. Etc. Leadership, organizing, decision making and problem solving abilities. Interpersonal skills including public relations, negotiating, conflict handling and counselling skills. Financial and budgetary knowledge pertaining to the relevant resources under management. Insight into procedures and policies pertaining to nursing care. Team building and interpersonal relations. Good communication skills. Computer.
- Strategically lead and supervise PHC services to provide quality nursing care within the catchment area.
- Manage and supervise all PHC units involving all stakeholders. Ensure facilitation of an integrated planning and implementation of all services/ programs aligning to those of the department.
- Ensure that all Priority programs are implemented, facilitate the realization and maintenance of ideal clinical program.
- Analyse operational imperatives set in the National PHC package, National Norms and standard, policies and guidelines for implementation of better outcomes.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance in terms of Employee Performance Management Development systems (EPMDS).
- Deal with disciplinary and grievance matters including monitoring and managing absenteeism.
- Participate in Operation Sukuma Sakhe. Support PHC re –engineering by ensuring that outreach teams are functional.
- Analyse, Facilitate, and interpret statistics including PHC programme indicators.
Direct your application quoting the relevant reference number to: The Chief Executive Officer, Eshowe District Hospital, Private Bag X504, Eshowe, 3815. Hand delivered applications may be submitted to the Human Resource Section, Eshowe District Hospital, before 16H00 on or before the closing date. No faxed applications will be considered. Applications may be posted, hand-delivered or Applicants are encouraged to apply for posts through the online e-Recruitment system at www.kznonline.gov.za/kznjobs. Applicants can submit their Z83 and CV directly to the following email address: EshoweHospital.HRJobApplication@kznhealth.gov.za. Applicants may also visit any one of our Designated Online Application Centres (DOAC) where our friendly staff will assist you with applying online or receiving your hardcopy application. You can find the list of Designated Online Application Centres (DOAC) at www.kznonline.gov.za/kznjobs.
People with disabilities should feel free to apply
ENQUIRIES: Deputy Manager Nursing: Mr MT Dube Tel No: (035) 473 4500
CLOSING DATE: 01 December 2023