DIRECTOR: HR PROVISIONING REF NO: V5/254
Position: Director: HR Provisioning
R1 162 200 per annum, an all-inclusive remuneration package. The package can be structured according to the individual’s personal needs. The successful candidate will have to sign an annual performance agreement, annually disclose his/her financial interests and be subjected to a security clearance. Appointment will be subject to competency assessment. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job. Following the interview and technical exercise the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments) The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
CENTRE: Head Office, Mbombela
An appropriate SAQA recognised Bachelors Degree or Advanced Diploma or equivalent qualification (NQF level 7) relevant to the specific field plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a middle/senior managerial level. Competencies: Extensive knowledge of HR policy frameworks, education legislation and policies and public service legislation and policies pertaing to HR Provisioning. In depth knowledge of and experience in procedures for dealing with the job evaluation system, HR Provisioning and HR Planning. Credible experience in the management of the maintenance and administration of the entire Departmental HR Establishment. Credible experience in the Management of the PERSAL system. Credible knowledge and experience related to the costing and preparation of inputs for Compensation budgeting processes. Ability to develop logical frameworks and other planning models. Ability to maintain the required level of information confidentiality and security. Advanced planning, organising and project management skills. Ability to develop and adhere to work schedules. Strong interpersonal-, networking-, written- and verbal communication skills at all levels. Excellent report writing skills. Excellent analytical and strategic thinking capabilities. Sound financial management skills. Proven supervisory and people management skills. Proficiency and computer skills in the Microsoft Office applications. Willingness to travel and work beyond normal working hours. Ability to work under pressure and produce excellent results. The ability to provide strategic leadership and to deliver excellent results under pressure will be a strong recommendation. Valid driver’s license. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a relevant technical exercise. Please note: With effect from 1 April 2020, an individual may only qualify for appointment at SMS level provided that said official has successfully completed a Public Service Senior Management Leadership Programme and that he/she can produce the required Pre-entry Certificate as issued by the National School of Governance (NSG) on her/his own cost. For further information related to the on-line course, interested officials are advised to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manage the HR Provisioning Unit. Manage organisational development, the job evaluation system and equitable job design in line with strategic- and HR Planning.
- Manage strategic plans for the provisioning of human resources, and the provision of an effective HR information service.
- Manage the monitoring and maintenance of the departmental establishment as well as the PERSAL Personnel subsystem.
- Manage and control the provisioning of human resources in line with HR- and Affirmative Action plans.
- Manage the recruitment and employment of educators and officials in offices in accordance with policy and delegations.
- Provide costing and inputs for Compensation budgeting processes. Give direction to, co-ordinate, monitor and advise on all HR provisioning related matters (procedural and policy).
- Manage the development and implementation of appropriate policy, systems, management- and administrative structures for the provision and maintenance of a HR provisioning service.
- Identify the needs for improved HR provisioning services and formulate programmes and projects for the implementation thereof.
- Ensure compliance, implementation and maintenance of national and provincial policy frameworks in the responsible areas of activity.
- Maintain discipline of staff members. Promote a culture of efficiency and quality. Execute HR Performance Management. Manage the risk register for the Directorate.
The Head of Department, Department of Education, Private Bag X11341, Nelspruit, 1200 or applications may also be placed in the application container located at the Security Desk, Upper Ground, Ikhamanga Building of the Riverside Government Complex.
Applications should be submitted on the latest Form Z.83, obtainable from any Public Service Department. Applications must in all cases be accompanied by a recent updated comprehensive CV only. Only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license on or before the day of the interview following communication from the relevant HR section of the Department.
ENQUIRIES: Mr JS Ndala Tel No: (013) 766 5508
CLOSING DATE: 16 November 2023