REGISTRAR (MEDICAL) REF NO: 01/2023/06
Four Year Contract
(Joint Appointment with Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Witwatersrand)
SALARY: R906 540 per annum, (all-inclusive package)
CENTRE: Klerksdorp/Tshepong Hospital Complex:
Internal Medicine (X2 Posts)
Radiation Oncology (X1 Post)
Appropriate qualification that allows registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as Registrar. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit current proof of registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as Medical Practitioner in Independent Practice. Part (I) of the CMSA examination will be a recommendation.
- The incumbent will be responsible to interview, investigate, diagnose and oversee the treatment of patients, participate in all activities of the discipline in relation to teaching and research, departmental audit, preparing and writing of reports and community liaison.
- Supervise junior doctors (undergraduate students, interns and community service doctors).
- Attendance of relevant administrative meetings like mortality meetings and completing Medico Legal Documents timeously.
- Improve quality of care by providing appropriate clinical care.
- Reduce medical litigation by exercising good clinical ethos. Implement and monitor adherence to National Core Standards.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team to the management of patients. Performance of practical procedures relevant to the care of patients.
- Participate in departmental meetings, journal clubs, case presentations, lectures and ward rounds.
- Render after hour (night, weekend and public holiday) duties to provide continuous uninterrupted care of patients.
Applications quoting relevant reference, should be forwarded as follows: Klerksdorp/Tshepong Hospital Complex, Private Bag XA14, Klerksdorp, 2570.
The Department requests applicants to apply by submitting applications on the most recent Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a comprehensive CV only (with detailed previous experience). Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualify. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from Human Resources. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA.
ENQUIRIES: Prof B Luke Tel No: (018) 406 3111/3216
CLOSING DATE: 08 December 2023