The South African Police Services has trainee opportunities for unemployed youth to apply. Successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend of R4 500.
Requirements: Applicants must be: –
- South African Citizen.
- Be between the ages 18 – 30.
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Certificate (Vocational) and be in possession of a Bachelor of Science Degree or other any other fields of study (minimum 3-year National Diploma/Degree) recorded on the National Learners’ Record Database on NQF level 6 or higher.
- Be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English.
- Not participating in any Internship.
- Have no previous criminal convictions or pending criminal cases and shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and background enquiries to be made and found to be suitable for appointment.
- Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible and/or irreconcilable with the objectives of the Service.
- Be prepared to take the oath of office.
- Complete and pass a medical examination.
- Complete and pass a physical fitness assessment.
- Undergo a psychological and Integrity assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official.
- Be prepared to undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner.
- Be prepared to serve and be trained anywhere in the Republic of South Africa.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit their applications on the official application form, which can be obtained free of charge from any Police Station / SAPS Recruitment offices or downloaded from the SAPS Website (https://www.saps.gov.za).
The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to, failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
An application form must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV, Copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Certificate (Vocational) and all educational qualifications (Degree / National Diploma) obtained and academic record must be attached, service certificates of previous employers (where applicable), motor vehicle driver’s license (optional). The copies need not to be certified.
Applications must be hand delivered timeously at the address indicated in the job post.
Closing Date: 11 March 2022