ARTISAN FOREMAN GRADE A: ELECTRICAL REF NO: 241123/05
Branch: Infrastructure Management Southern Operation
SALARY: R344 811 per annum, (OSD)
Appropriate Electrical Trade Test Certificate. Five (5) years post qualification experience as an Artisan. The disclosure of a valid unexpired driver’s license. Accredited MV Switching and Accredited HV Regulations Certificate, will be an added advantage. Three (3) years’ experience in supervision of personnel will be an added advantage. Knowledge of technical analysis, computer-aided applications, legal compliance, technical report writing and production, process knowledge and skills. Problem solving and analytical decision making, teamwork and analytical skills. Creativity, self-management, customer focus and responsiveness. Communication skills both (verbal and written) and computer literacy. Planning and organizing skills. Conflict management. Ability to work independently as well as in a team and ability to work long hours and perform well under pressure. Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, PMDS and PFMA. Drawing skills and ability to read drawings.
- Maintenance of bulk raw water infrastructure (dams, reservoirs, departmental houses, pump stations and pipelines) and machinery.
- Electrical maintenance and inspections of cathodic protection (TRU’s).
- Inspect equipment for technical faults and repair according to standards.
- Service equipment according to schedule. Fault diagnosis on SCADA/PLC and telemetry systems.
- Ensure quality assurance in line with specifications. Ensure adherence to safety standards, requirements, and regulations.
- Implement planned maintenance and update maintenance logbooks. Compile and submit reports as required.
- Supervise and mentor staff. Continuous individual development to keep up with new technologies and procedures.
- Candidates may be required to complete practical and theoretical test.
Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth): Please forward your application quoting the relevant reference number to The Department of Water and Sanitation, P O Box 5501, Walmer, 6065 or Hand deliver at 50 Heugh Road, Lion Roars Office Park c/o 3rd Avenue and Heugh Road, Walmer.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the EE Targets. Candidates may be subjected to skills and Knowledge tests
ENQUIRIES: Mr P Gillespie Tel No: (023) 348 5600 / (082) 809 5718
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023