CHIEF ARTISAN GRADE A (CIVIL) REF NO: 241123/04
Branch: Infrastructure Management: Central Operation
SALARY: R434 787 per annum, (all-inclusive OSD salary package)
CENTRE: Upper Vaal (Vaal Dam)
Trade Test Certificate in Civil. Ten (10) years post-qualification experience required as an Artisan/Artisan Foreman in the civil field. The disclosure of a valid unexpired driver’s license. Knowledge and experience regarding compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act workplace is essential. Proven experience in staff supervision will be a recommendation. Computer literacy and fully proficient with Microsoft packages. Knowledge of Risk Management/Assessment, Ability to convey knowledge to others, Self-confidence, and good problem-solving abilities.
- Manage plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers, and other related civil trades and construction workers.
- Undertake budget process and control thereof for the Civil section.
- Planning and organizing of work according to the budget implementation.
- Conducting of estimated costs/ monitoring of expenditure.
- Perform Quality assurance during the performance and after completing the task to ensure that prescribed standards are adhered to construction and maintenance of civil structures on the scheme.
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Evaluate and identify staff training needs and assist with training facilitation processes.
- Manage and evaluate staff performance on an ongoing basis.
Central Operation (Vaal Dam): Please forward your application quoting the relevant reference number to The Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X02, Deneysville, 1932 or hand deliver to Vaal Dam Plot 1 Mackenzie Street, Deneysville, 1932.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the EE Targets. Candidates may be subjected to skills and Knowledge tests
ENQUIRIES: Mr CM Mokone Tel No: (016) 371 3039
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023