ASSISTANT MANAGER NURSING (MONITORING & EVALUATION) REF
NO: NKAH 53/2023
SALARY: R645 720 per annum. Plus 13th cheque, 12% rural allowance, medical aid (optional) and housing allowance (homeowners’ allowance (employee must meet prescribed requirements)
CENTRE: Nkandla Hospital
Senior Certificate (Grade 12), Degree/Diploma in Nursing that allow registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse and Midwifery, A minimum of (08) years appropriate/recognizable experience in Nursing after registration as professional nurse with SANC in general Nursing of which at least three (03) years of this period referred to above must be appropriate/recognizable experience at a management level, Quality Assurance and/or Infection Prevention and Control Experience in Health Care environment will be an added advantage, Valid Code EB (08) drivers licence, Experience in Monitoring Evaluation Environment will be an added advantage.
- Administer and facilitate the implementation of an integrated and evaluation framework fully aligned to National, Provincial and Departmental performance reporting requirements,
- Participate in peer review based on the agreed upon quality assurance monitoring indicators and tools, Co – ordinate the drawing of institutional plans which are aligned to annual performance plan and District Health Plan,
- Analyse data obtained from sources and other management information systems against indicators with a view to develop reliable performance profiles for verification and publishing of the prescribed performance and other reports,
- Ensure planning, monitoring and evaluation support to all departments in the institution as well as feeder facilities (clinics),
- Develop budget estimates for the planning, monitoring and evaluation unit as well as efficient management of resources allocated to the Planning Monitoring and Evaluation unit,
- Ensure implementation of the total quality management framework, Enforce compliance to legislative prescripts in all units within the facility jurisdiction,
- Co – ordinate staff training and initiative for ensuring service excellence, Oversee Quality, Communication Infection Prevention and Control,
- Implement the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework at a Facility level, Ability to implement National Core Standards,
- Knowledge of Batho Pele Principles, Excellent communication skills, human relations and ability to teach and train staff within a team,
- Ability to work and maintain meaningful relationship within a diverse community, Knowledge of health and public service legislation, regulations and policies,
- Appropriate understanding of nursing scope of practice and nursing standards, Basic computer literacy to enhance service delivery,
- Effective communication with patients, supervisors and other health professionals,
- Ability to work as part of multi – disciplinary team at all levels and work effectively to maintain a high level of service delivery,
- Knowledge of Labour Relations and disciplinary procedures, Basic understanding of HR and Financial policies and practices,
- Planning, organizing, leading, controlling, delegation, supervisory, communication, motivation, decision making and problem solving
All applications should be posted to: The Chief Executive Officer: Nkandla District Hospital Private Bag X102, Nkandla, 3855.
Persons with disabilities from all designated race groups are encouraged to apply for the post.
ENQUIRIES: Mr NM Mthembu Tel No: (035) 833 5000
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023