CONTROL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST GRADE A REF NO: 011223/01
Branch: Infrastructure Management
Dir: Technical Engineering Support Services
SALARY: R831 309 per annum, (all-inclusive OSD salary package)
CENTRE: Pretoria Head Office
Bachelor of Technology in Engineering (B-Tech) or relevant Engineering qualification. Six (6) years’ post qualification Engineering Technologist experience required. Compulsory registration with Engineering Council of South African (ECSA) as an Engineering Technologist. The disclosure of a valid unexpired driver’s license. Experience in contract administration, and project management. Knowledge of technical design and understanding of different project contracts like GCC, NEC, FIDIC, JBCC, etc. Understanding of procurement processes in the public sector. Sound financial planning and management. Ability to communicate, conflict management, contract dispute resolution and negotiation skills. Computer literacy and the ability to use most of the MS Office programmes include MS Projects is highly recommended. The ability to work with design software like Autocad Civil 3d will be an added advantage.
- Provide and manage technological advisory services and procurement administration for appointment of PSPs.
- Manage and coordinate the compilation and structuring of tender documents in line with the CIDB (Best Practice Guideline) Manage all aspects of procurement administration contracting required for PSP services for CD: Engineering Services.
- Monitoring contractor’s Progress against approved construction and attending progress and technical meetings.
- Review and adjudicate contractual claims programme.
- Manage and maintain interpersonal relationships with stakeholders, including internal and external.
- Manage the appointment of PSPs for projects within CD: ES.
- Management of human and financial resources.
- Manage compliance of tender documentation in line with the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 and related regulations and circulars.
- Provide and manage technical coordination and support in the general administration of contracts.
Pretoria (Head Office): Please forward your application quoting the relevant reference number to The Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X350, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver to Delta Continental Building, Corner of Visagie and Bosman Street, Pretoria, 0001.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the EE Targets
ENQUIRIES: Mr. V Monene Tel No: (012) 336 7842
CLOSING DATE: 1 December 2023