CONTROL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST GRADE A (CIVIL) REF NO:
011223/02 (X3 POSTS)
Branch: Infrastructure Management
Dir: Civil Engineering
SALARY: R831 309 per annum, (all-inclusive OSD salary package)
CENTRE: Pretoria Head Office
Bachelor of Technology (B-Tech) in Civil Engineering or relevant Engineering qualification. Six (6) years post qualification in Technical Engineering experience. Compulsory registration with Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as an Engineering Technologist. The disclosure of a valid unexpired driver’s license. Knowledge of project management, technical design, and analysis. Knowledge and understanding of research and development. Knowledge and experience in Computer-aided engineering applications. Knowledge of legal compliance and technical report writing. Good communication skills both (verbal and written), conflict management and negotiation skills. Problem solving and analysis, decision making, teamwork, creativity, financial management, people management, customer focus, responsiveness, planning and organizing.
- Manage technical services and support in conjunction with Engineers, Technologist and associates in the field, Pretoria-West Hydraulic Laboratories, and technical office activities.
- Ensure the promotion of safety in line with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate existing technical manuals, standard drawings, and procedures to incorporate new technology.
- Ensure quality assurance of technical designs with specifications and authorize, make recommendations for approval by the relevant authority.
- Manage administrative, human resources and related functions.
- Financial Management and provide inputs into the budgeting process, operational plan, procurement plan and related matters.
- Compile and submit reports as required. Attend to Risk and Disaster Management matters.
- Research and development through continuous professional development to keep up with new technologies and procedures.
- Liaise with relevant bodies/councils on engineering related matters.
- Must be prepared to work away from the office and travel extensively for extended periods of time.
- Provide mentorship and supervision of personnel.
- Research / literature studies and technical engineering technology to improve expertise.
Pretoria (Head Office): Please forward your application quoting the relevant reference number to The Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X350, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver to Delta Continental Building, Corner of Visagie and Bosman Street, Pretoria, 0001.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the EE Targets
ENQUIRIES: Mr. E Koadibane Tel No: (012) 336 7694
CLOSING DATE: 1 December 2023