DIRECTOR: STRATEGIC PEOPLE MANAGEMENT REF NO: 335
Directorate: Strategic People Management
SALARY: R1 162 200 per annum (Level 13), an all-inclusive salary package consists of a basic salary, and the employer’s contribution to the Pension Fund. The remainder of the package may be structure according to your personal needs.
CENTRE: Head Office, Cape Town
An undergraduate qualification (NQF level 7) as recognised by SAQA; At least 6 years’ experience at a middle/senior managerial level within an educational environment which includes Examination Administration and Assessment Management; Successful completion of the Certificate for entry into the Senior Management Service (SMS) submitted prior to appointment and Valid driver’s licence. Additional Requirements: Proven relevant management experience in a people management environment. Proven excellence in strategic people (HR) framework development and implementation.
- People Policies, Systems and People Planning. Manage the development, implementation and reporting of relevant people policies, strategies, and guidelines. Manage the development, maintenance and reporting on relevant people information.
- Oversee the development of a Human Resource Plan (inclusive of Employment Equity and Disability). Oversee the development, maintenance and reporting on a people operational management system. Provide human resource research and product development.
- Co-ordinate collate and quality assure HR information in the Annual Report. Manage, monitor, evaluate and report on HR matters. Post provisioning and organization development alignment. Oversee post provisioning planning for the educator and public service sectors by analysing trends, preparing best scenarios and monitoring implementation.
- Coordinate organisational development interventions, job evaluation and change management. Consultation support on the post provisioning and organization development processes. Ensure sound establishment monitoring mechanisms with relevant reporting and efficiency identifications.
- People Empowerment. Manage an Employee Health and Wellness Programme (HIV/Aids, EAP). Manage Human Resource Development and Empowerment services: Co-ordination and reporting on the Work skills Plan. Bursary Management. Internship provision and management.
- Management and Leadership Development. Performance Management and Advisory Services. Facilitate quality alignment and moderation of all performance management instruments for the public service and educator sectors.
- Ensure accountability alignment in terms of the performance management instruments. Manage, guide, implement and report on a Performance Incapacity process. Performance and Ethics Administration.
Manage the Ethics framework, inclusive of SMS Financial Disclosures and Remunerative Work Outside the Public Service (RWOPS).
- Develop, implement, and maintain individual performance management systems in accordance with national and provincial guidelines for both the educator and public service sectors. Management of pay and grade progression processes. Probation management for the educator and public service sectors.
ENQUIRIES: Mr M Cronje Tel No: (021) 467 2080
NOTE: All applicants must be SA Citizens/Permanent Residents or Non-SA Citizens with a valid work permit.
APPLICATIONS : Applications must be submitted by using the following URL https://wcedonline.westerncape.gov.za/home/, via Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. The applicants are advised to read the foreword available on the WCED website before applying for the post/s.
CLOSING DATE : 03 November 2023