CHIEF DIRECTOR: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT & COMMUNICATIONS
SERVICES POST 37/27
Directorate: Strategic People Management
SALARY: R1 371 558 – R1 635 897 per annum (Level 14)
CENTRE: Head Office: Bhisho
National Senior Certificate plus an undergraduate Qualification (NQF level 7) in Public Administration as recognised by SAQA or any other related field. Preentry SMS Certification for the Senior Management Service as endorsed by National School of Government (NSG). Minimum of (five) 5 years’ experience at Senior management level. Competencies: In-depth knowledge of legislative framework that governs the Public Service. Understanding and application of the following prescripts. Public Financial Management Act. National Treasury Regulations.
National Treasury Instruction & Practice notes. National Treasury Circulars. DPSA Circulars. Accounting Systems. Strategic Capability & Leadership. Programme and Project Management. Budgeting and Financial Management. Change Management. Knowledge Management. Service Delivery Innovation. Problem Solving and analysis. People Management and Empowerment. Honesty and integrity. Professionalism. Self – driven. Teamwork. Good communication skills (written and verbal skills) and a good command of English language.
- Ensure co-ordination and management of the strategic planning process within the department and ensure proper alignment with National/Provincial priorities, budget and operation/business plan. Facilitate and coordinate operational and strategic planning processes.
- Coordinate and compile strategic and operational plans. Conduct assessment on departmental priorities and key strategic issues. Provide monitoring and evaluation services.
- Conduct institutional performance assessment and evaluation of the implementation of policies, programmes and systems.
- Coordinate and compile institutional performance and strategic reports. Provide communication management services. Provide internal and external communication services. Provide content management and media liaising.
- Ensure the functionality of Local government Communication System.
- Manage and oversee the provision of information management (IM) and information technology (IT) services. Manage and facilitate the provision of information management and information technology governance services.
- Manage and facilitate the provision operational applications services. Manage and facilitate the provision of IT infrastructure and IT operations services.
- Provide legal advisory services. Provide sound legal advice and litigation support to the department. Provide legal opinions.
- Execute all administrative legal actions to ensure compliance. Manage litigation matters. Draft and amend legislation and legal instruments.
- Monitor legal compliance with national, international and continental instruments. Advice on the drafting and monitoring of the service level agreements.
- Manage the allocated resources of the directorate in line with legislative and departmental policy directives and comply with corporate governance and planning imperatives.
- Maintain high standards by ensuring that the team / section produces excellent work in terms of quality / quantity and timeliness.
- Resolve problems of motivation and control with minimum guidance from manager. Delegate functions to staff based on individual potential provide the necessary guidance and support and afford staff adequate training and development opportunities.
- Manage timeously development of job description and implementation of Work Plans and Personal Development Plans (PDP’s) for all employees in the sub- Directorate.
- Manage daily employee performance and ensure timely Performance Assessments of all subordinates.
- Ensure management, maintenance and safekeeping of assets.
ENQUIRIES: Mr W.M Cwele at 071 689 6162
e-Recruitment Technical Enquiries: email@example.com
NOTE: Persons with disability and people from previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE : 27 October 2023