CHIEF DIRECTOR: MUNICIPAL BASIC AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES POST 37/28
SALARY: R1 371 558 – R1 635 897 per annum (Level 14)
CENTRE: Head Office: Bhisho
National Senior Certificate plus an undergraduate Qualification (NQF level 7) in Public Administration, Economic Development/ Development Studies as recognised by SAQA or any other related field. Pre-entry SMS Certification for the Senior Management Service as endorsed by National School of Government (NSG). Minimum of (five) 5 years’ experience at Senior management level. Competencies: Strong and dynamic strategic leadership and good communication skills.
In-depth knowledge of Local Government Municipal System Act, Public Service regulatory frameworks, including the Public Finance Management Act, National Treasury Regulations, National Treasury Instruction & Practice notes, DPSA Circulars; Accounting Systems and the Public Service Act and Regulations. Strategic Capability & Leadership; Programme and Project Management skills; People management and empowerment skills; Budgeting and Financial Management; Change Management; Knowledge Management; Service Delivery Innovation; Problem Solving and Analysis.
- Monitor and facilitate the strengthening of LED: Co-ordinate and monitor partnerships with LED stakeholders in municipalities. Facilitate LED capacity in municipalities.
- Provide support to LED institutions and forums.
- Develop and implement support to research and evaluate planned projects. Monitor and facilitate the strengthening of URP and Small-Town Regeneration:
- Develop a policy framework and facilitate the implementation of integrated urban development and community works programme.
- Develop policy framework and facilitate the implementation of small-town regeneration. Monitor and facilitate the delivery of Free Basic Services:
- Develop norms and standards for Free Basic Services. Strengthen FBS institutions, knowledge and stakeholder’s forums in municipalities.
- Facilitate the implementation of free basic services by municipalities i.e., electricity energy, water and sanitation. Monitor, support and co-ordinate municipal infrastructure services: Evaluate capital infrastructure projects.
- Provide support and maintain municipal infrastructure projects.
- Provide support in institutions and social development in municipalities. Monitor and facilitate disaster management and emergency services:
- Establish disaster management capacity and implement effective risk reduction services. Co-ordinate disaster recovery services.
- Co-ordinate fire brigade function and capacitate municipalities thereof. Manage the allocated resources of the Chief Directorate in line with legislative and departmental policy directives and comply with corporate governance and planning imperatives:
- Maintain high standards by ensuring that the team / section produces excellent work in terms of quality / quantity and timeliness. Resolve problems of motivation and control with minimum guidance from manager.
- Delegate functions to staff based on individual potential provide the necessary guidance and support and afford staff adequate training and development opportunities.
- Manage timeously development of job description and implementation of Work Plans and Personal Development Plans (PDP’s) for all employees in the Chief Directorate.
- Manage daily employee performance and ensure timely Performance Assessments of all subordinates. Ensure management, maintenance and safekeeping of assets.
NOTE: Persons with disability and people from previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE : 27 October 2023