MEDICAL OFFICER GRADE 1 REF NO: CHBAH 734 (X3 POSTS)
SALARY: R906 540 per annum, (all-inclusive package)
CENTRE: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
Appropriate qualification that allows registration with the HPCSA as Medical Practitioner. HPCSA registration as an Independent Medical Practitioner and must be post Community Service. No experience required.
- Management of General Surgery patients in emergency unit, ICU, high dependency unit and ward under supervision.
- Booking and assisting in theatre lists both emergency and elective cases. Administrative duties within each unit.
- Daily management of in-ward patients including examination, management, and resuscitation.
- Triage and admissions of emergency surgery and trauma patients. Management of Surgical Outpatient Department patients.
- Ability to work under pressure and under supervision.
- Ability to take orders and guidance from senior colleagues with no conflict. Reliability, leadership, discipline, and self-confidence.
- Ability to establish a working relationship in a multidisciplinary team with anaesthesia, ICU, nursing team and emergency department staff.
- Managing and supervising junior staff members in your team. Ability to adapt to rotations within surgical department.
Applications can be hand delivered to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital from 8am to 3pm at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808 and or via courier (Kindly note that the application forms received by the institution after the closing date of the advert irrespective of the reasons will not be considered). No faxed applications will be considered.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
ENQUIRIES: Prof Smith / Dr Ndwambi Tel No: (011) 933 9267
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023