MEDICAL SPECIALIST GRADE 1 REF NO: CHBAH 733 (X1 POST)
Directorate: Internal Medicine – Rheumatology
SALARY: R1 214 805 per annum, (all-inclusive package)
CENTRE: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
Appropriate qualification that allows registration with the HPCSA as Medical Specialist. Registration with the HPCSA as Medical Specialist. Confirmation of FCP results from the College of Medicine of South Africa (CMSA); Certificate in Rheumatology.
- The incumbent will be responsible to interview, investigate, diagnose, and oversee the treatment of patients. Improve quality of care by providing appropriate clinical care.
- Supervising of junior medical staff. Willing to do commuted overtime and rendering of after-hours (night, weekend, and public holiday) duties to provide continuous uninterrupted care of patients.
- Attendance of relevant administrative meetings like mortality meetings, near miss meetings and completing MEDICO Legal Documents timeously (e.g., Death certificate).
- Participation in the academic program in the hospital and all activities of the discipline in relation to teaching and research. Ensure proper and accurate record keeping as legally and ethically required.
- Reporting to the head of unit on service delivery, clinical audits, and where necessary quality improvement plans.
- Assist the HOD to monitor, implement adhere and comply with National Core Standards within the department.
- Rotate through related departments at various hospitals within the teaching platform and the outreach programs of the department.
- Preparing and writing of reports. Assist the Clinical Head with Administrative responsibilities. Comply with the performance management and development system.
Applications can be hand delivered to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital from 8am to 3pm at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808 and or via courier (Kindly note that the application forms received by the institution after the closing date of the advert irrespective of the reasons will not be considered). No faxed applications will be considered.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
ENQUIRIES: Dr N N Mqhayi-Mbambo Tel No: (011) 933 9154/8154
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023