Gauteng Department of Health: Expanding Job Opportunities in Healthcare
The Gauteng Department of Health is currently opening a diverse range of job opportunities in healthcare, inviting dedicated professionals to join its dynamic team. This spectrum of positions spans various specialties, marking an excellent chance for individuals to advance their careers in the healthcare sector. The following vacancies are currently available and are open for applications until 02 February 2024.
New Available Job Opportunities in Healthcare
- Professional Nurse Specialty (REFS/019612): This role requires a Basic R425 qualification (diploma/degree in nursing) or equivalent, with current registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse. Specialties include Child Nursing Science, Advanced Paediatric and Neonatal Nursing Science, Intensive Care Nursing, Operating Theatre Nursing, and more. The role involves providing clinical nursing practice in line with required standards and promoting quality care.
- Professional Nurse (Specialty – Psychiatry Day and Night) (HRM: 2/24): Candidates must have a Basic R425 qualification or equivalent and post-basic nursing qualification in Psychiatric Nursing Science. The responsibilities include providing advanced nursing treatment and care in specialty units and managing complex nursing services.
- Clinical Technologist Grade 1/2/3 (REF NO: CHBAH: 779): Applicants need a degree or diploma in Clinical Technology in Cardiology, with registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. The position involves providing clinical service in cardiology, including performing both invasive and non-invasive cardiac procedures.
- Physiotherapist Grade 1/2/3 (REF NO: CHBAH: 780): This role requires an appropriate qualification for registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as an independent practice Physiotherapist. The job entails providing patient-centered physiotherapy services and participating in the implementation and monitoring of quality assurance standards.
- Speech Therapist / Speech and Audiologist Grade 1/2/3 (REF NO: CHBAH 781): Qualifications in Speech Therapy or Speech Therapy & Audiology with HPCSA registration are required. The candidate will provide comprehensive care to children and teenagers with hearing loss and engage in clinical research.
- Clinical Technologist – Critical Care (ICU) (REF NO: REFS/019616): Applicants need a National Diploma or B Tech in Clinical Technology specialized in Critical Care, with registration with HPCSA. Responsibilities include ensuring effective clinical service delivery in the ICU department and offering support to other healthcare professionals.
- Physiotherapist Production (REF NO: REFS/019617): A BSC in Physiotherapy Degree or equivalent qualification is required, along with registration with HPCSA. The role involves providing quality physiotherapy treatment and participating in health awareness campaigns.
- Diagnostic Radiographer Grade 1-3 (REF NO: REFS/019624): A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography with HPCSA registration is needed. The candidate will be responsible for providing a 24-hour service and maintaining high standards of Radiographic Imaging.
- Occupational Therapist Production Grade 1 (REF NO: PWH/OT/01/2024): This position requires a degree in Occupational Therapy or a similar qualification for registration with HPCSA. The job entails planning and implementing Occupational Therapy Services and ensuring compliance with health policies.
- Social Workers Grade 1-4 (REF NO: REFS/019618): Candidates need a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work with registration with SACSSP. The role involves rendering social work services to patients, families, and the community.
- Social Worker (Sessional) (REF NO: REFS/019608): A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions are mandatory. Responsibilities include providing specialized social work services in mental health care.
- Professional Nurse – General Grade 1 (REF NO: REFS/019607): Requires a Basic R425 qualification or equivalent for registration with SANC. The role includes providing holistic mental health care in nursing and maintaining professional growth and ethical standards.
For all positions, applications must be submitted on the new Z83 form, which is available from any Public Service Department or online. The form should be fully completed, initialled, and signed, and accompanied by a detailed CV. Applicants are encouraged to apply using the specified methods and ensure that the specific reference number is quoted correctly. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents before the interview.
The Gauteng Department of Health is committed to expanding job opportunities in healthcare, offering roles that not only provide professional growth but also contribute significantly to public health services. These positions represent a remarkable opportunity for healthcare professionals to advance their careers in a supportive and dynamic environment. If you have the required qualifications and are driven to make a difference in the healthcare sector, consider applying for these positions before the deadline of 02 February 2024.