OPERATIONAL MANAGER NURSING (SPECIALTY) REF NO: HRM
92/2023 (X1 POST)
SALARY: R627 474 – R703 752 per annum, (including benefits)
CENTRE: King Edward VIII Hospital
Matric/Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification, Degree/Diploma in General Nursing Science and Midwifery, Current registration with South African Nursing Council as Professional nurse and a midwife, Registration with SANC for 2023 APC, Minimum of 9 years appropriate/recognizable experience as a Professional nurse after registration as Professional nurse, at least 5 years of this period must be appropriate/recognizable experience after obtaining the 1 year post basic qualification in Paediatrics. Recommendations: Computer Literacy, Diploma in nursing management and administration. Knowledge, Skills, Training and Competencies Required: Knowledge of nursing care processes and procedures, Knowledge of nursing statutes and relevant legal framework, Operational management, co-ordination, networking liaison skills, Good communication, interpersonal relations, problem solving, conflict management skills, Planning, organizing, report writing skills, People management and financial management skills.
- Supervising and ensure the provision of an effective efficient quality patient care, Co-ordination of optimal holistic specialized nursing care provided within set standards and a professional/legal framework,
- Manage effectively the utilization and supervision of human, financial, physical and material resources and services,
- Provision of effective support to nursing services, Co-ordination of the provision of effective training research,
- Maintain professional growth/ethical standards and self-development,
- To relieve with duties of the supervisor, To partake in overall specialized unit function, team building,
- Participate in the analysis, formulation and implementation of nursing guidelines practice standards and procedures,
- Maintain constructive working relationships with nursing and other stakeholders i.e. Inter-professional and inter-sectorial and multi-disciplinary teamwork,
- Complete patient related data, Co-ordination of Ideal hospital framework requirements and projects within the department.
All applications can either be submitted via email to email@example.com or kingedwardhospital.HRJobapplication@kznhealth.gov.za or hand delivered at King Edward VIII Hospital and placed in the red box marked “applications” next to the ATM in the Administration building.
Persons with disabilities and African males are encouraged to apply. Please note that other race groups are also not restricted from applying
ENQUIRIES: Ms P Govender Tel No: (031) 360 3031
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023