MEDICAL SPECIALIST PSYCHIATRIST POST GRADE 1 REF NO: SPEPSYCH/SRH/11/23
Directorate: Clinical: Medical Department
Salary: R1 214 805 per annum, (inclusive package)
Centre: South Rand Hospital
Appropriate qualification (Degree) that allows registration with the Health Professional Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as an Independent Psychiatrist (FC Psych or MMed Psychiatry and current Registration with HPCSA as Specialist Psychiatrist)
- To provide safe, ethical and high quality care through the development of standards, audits and risk management in the Psychiatry Unit.
- Provide expert advice and clinical support to the clinical staff in the Psychiatry Unit.
- Active participation in quality improvement programs including clinical audits and continuous professional development activities.
- Assist with the setting of protocols for management of Psychiatric patients. Attend administrative matters as it pertains to the unit.
- Empower in a respectful manner the medical and nursing staff through evidence based best practice.
- Attend to meetings and workshops as needed.
- Comply with all legal prescripts of the Mental Health Act, legislatives, 15 policies, circulars, procedures, guidelines and code of conduct for public service.
- Implement quality assurance processes and evaluate compliance to the Ideal Hospital Framework.
- Adhere to correct channels of communication as per hospital organogram.
- Maintain clinical, professional and ethical standards.
- Assist the Clinical Manager and hospital management with the development and implementation of guidelines, protocols and clinical audits as needed to optimize patient care in wards and outpatient.
Dr ME Letwaba Clinical Manager Tel No: (011) 681 2000/8
Applications must be hand delivered at South Rand District Hospital, Friars Hill Road, Rosettenville, 1st Floor application box, or emailed to Recruitment1.Southrand@gauteng.gov.za
New Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The completed and signed Z83 form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV specifying all experiences indicating the respective dates (DD/MM/YY) as well as indicating three references with the following information: name and contact numbers, email address and an indication of the capacity in which the reference is known to the candidate. The relevant reference must be quoted in the application form. Copies of your qualifications and Identity document do not need to be attached. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of your qualifications and Identity documents on or before the interview date following communication from HR. In terms of the National Qualifications Framework Amendment Act 2019, it is an offence for any person to falsely or fraudulently claim to hold a qualification. Any person found to be misrepresenting their qualifications, work experience or facts in their CV will be disqualified. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Hospital reserves a right to fill or not fill the post. Successful candidates will undergo a medical screening and will be expected to do verifications which entails reference checks, identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal records check as well as a credit/ financial stability checks.
Closing Date: 08 December 2023