Lost My SASSA Card
How to Reorder a New SASSA Card?
The one and only solution for this problem is to cancel your SASSA card and reorder a new card. However, there are two methods that you can use to replace a lost card with a new one.
Reorder SASSA Card Via Post Office:
- Visit your nearest South African Post Office branch.
- Inform the staff that you have lost your SASSA card and need to order a replacement.
- They will guide you through the necessary steps and provide you with the required forms to complete.
- Fill out the forms accurately, providing all the requested information.
- Submit the completed forms to the Post Office staff.
- Pay the new card fee which is R26 and submit all the documents.
- They will process your request and issue a new SASSA payment card, which will be sent to your registered address.
- Once you receive the email, you can visit the post office branch of SASSA and get your new card.
Reorder SASSA Card Via Phone Call:
- Contact the SASSA toll-free helpline at 0800 600 160 or the SASSA national call centre.
- Inform the agent that you have lost your SASSA card and need to order a replacement.
- They will guide you through the verification process and gather the necessary information.
- Provide accurate details such as your full name, ID number, and other required information.
- The agent will initiate the replacement process and provide you with further instructions if needed.
What to do When you Lose your SASSA Card?
When you lose your SASSA debit card, it’s important to take immediate action to protect your funds and prevent any unauthorised use. Here are the steps you should follow:
Block Your SASSA Debit Card:
- Contact the SASSA toll-free helpline at 0800 60 10 11.
- Inform the agent that you have lost your SASSA card and need to block it.
- The SASSA helpline or call centre will assist you in verifying your identity and will take the required actions to block your lost card.
Report the Loss to the South African Police Service (SAPS):
- Visit your nearest SAPS station and report the loss of your SASSA debit card.
- Provide them with all the relevant details and any supporting documentation you may have.
- Request a case number or reference number as proof of reporting the loss.
Reorder a New SASSA Payment Card:
After blocking your lost card and reporting the loss, you can proceed to reorder a new SASSA payment card. Follow the steps mentioned earlier to reorder your card either via the Post Office or through a phone call.
Update Your Banking Details (If Applicable):
If you have linked your SASSA card to a bank account for receiving your payments, contact your bank as well. Inform them about the loss of your SASSA card and request a replacement card if necessary. Update your banking information with SASSA, providing the new card details or any changes required.
When you lose your SASSA card, it’s important to act quickly to protect your funds and benefits. Stay calm and follow these steps: block your lost card, report the loss to the South African Police Service (SAPS), and reorder a new SASSA payment card through the Post Office or by phone. Update your banking details if necessary, activate the new card, and test it to ensure it’s working properly. Taking these prompt actions will safeguard your finances and ensure uninterrupted access to your SASSA benefits. Always prioritize your personal information securely and never share your details or PIN with anyone to avoid potential fraud.