PHARMACY SUPERVISOR GRADE 1 REF NO: NCDOH 27/2023 (X1 POST)
SALARY: R906 540 per annum, (all-inclusive package)
CENTRE: Jan Kempdorp Community Health Centre (Frances Baard District)
Basic qualification accredited with the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC) that allows registration with the SAPC as a Pharmacist. Registration with the SAPC as a Pharmacist. Registration as a Responsible Pharmacist would serve as an added advantage. A minimum of 3 years’ experience after registration as a Pharmacist with the SAPC. A valid B (08) driver’s license is an inherent requirement. Sound knowledge of the Medicines and Related Substances Act 101 of 1965, the Pharmacy Act 53 of 1974, and the Public Finance Management Act 1 of 1999. Fully familiar with the Standards of Good Wholesale Practice (GWP) and Good Pharmacy Practice (GPP). Sound knowledge of pharmaceuticals listed in the Primary, Adult and Paediatric Hospital Levels and Tertiary/Quaternary National Essential Medicine Lists. Incumbent must demonstrate a high level of computer literacy. Excellent analytical, research, report writing and presentation skills. Ability to work in a team and under pressure.
- Register as a Responsible Pharmacist of the Provincial Pharmaceutical Depot. Responsible for all compliance-related requirements regarding the Control of Medicine and Related Substances Act 101 of 1965 and the Pharmacy Act 53 of 1974.
- Responsible for all compliance requirements with the Medicine Control Council. Compiling, updating and training on Standard Operating Procedures. Maintenance of quality control of pharmaceutical items throughout the distribution process.
- Effective supervision of the pharmaceutical operations in line with statutory requirements. Effectively manage the human resources through adequate work allocation, management of training and development, leave management and effective communication through regular meetings in line with operational requirements.
- Effectively manage the administrative aspects relating to the depot including submission of statistics, compiling reports, record keeping, etc. regular meetings, and attendance registers.
- Ensure that the depot complies with the relevant legislation and adheres to Good Pharmacy/Wholesale/Distribution Practices and the Department of Health Pharmaceutical policies and procedures. Supervision & Training/Tutoring of the Pharmacist assistants.
Please note applications can be hand delivered to the front reception of James Exum Building or e-mailed to email@example.com
Failure to submit the requested documents or information will result in your application not being considered. The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the Northern Cape Department of Health. Should an applicant wish to apply for more than one post, separate applications must be submitted for all posts.
ENQUIRIES: Mr ND Mohamad Tel No: (053) 861 4770 or Ms JF Williams Tel No: (053) 861 1008
CLOSING DATE: 18 December 2023