Gauteng Provincial Government’s ‘Nasi iSpani’ Initiative: A Comprehensive Guide to Online Applications
The Gauteng Provincial Government, under the leadership of Premier Panyaza Lesufi, has set in motion an ambitious plan to tackle unemployment within the province. Under the banner of the ‘Nasi iSpani’ initiative, the government has announced thousands of job opportunities across various departments, opening the doors to a broad spectrum of job seekers with different skills, qualifications, and experiences.
As part of our continued coverage of this commendable initiative, this article provides a comprehensive guide to the online application process.
Online Applications: The What and the How
The digital era has made job applications more accessible and efficient than ever. The ‘Nasi iSpani’ initiative welcomes this modern approach, with the Gauteng Provincial Government opening up an online platform for applications. The online application process, which started on the 16th of June 2023, is simple and user-friendly.
Applicants can visit the Gauteng government’s official job portal or Gauteng professional job center to access and apply for the listed job opportunities. The jobs range from entry-level positions such as drivers, cleaners, and receptionists, to more specialized roles, including engineers, social workers, and agricultural advisors, among others.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Online Applications
Applying for a job under the ‘Nasi iSpani’ initiative is a straightforward process. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Prepare Your Documents: Before beginning the application process, make sure you have a ready and updated CV, and a completed Z83 form. The Z83 form is a mandatory form used when applying for positions in the public service.
- Visit the Online Portal: The first step is to visit the official Gauteng Provincial Government job portal at https://jobs.gauteng.gov.za/ or https://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/.
- Register a Profile: Before you can apply, you need to register a profile on the portal. To do this, you will need your email address, ID number, first name, and surname. You will also need to create a password and select a security question and answer. This will help protect your account and recover your password in case you forget it.
- Browse the Jobs: Once you have created your profile, you can browse through the available job vacancies. You can search by department, job title, or location to find the jobs that best suit your qualifications and interests.
- Apply for Jobs: When you find a job you are interested in, click on the ‘Apply’ button. This will take you to an online application form. Fill in all the necessary information and make sure to double-check your entries for accuracy. You will also be asked to upload your CV and the completed Z83 form.
- Submit Your Application: Once you have filled out the application form and attached the necessary documents, you can submit your application. You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been successfully submitted.
- Track Your Application: The online portal also allows you to track the status of your application. Simply log in to your profile and navigate to the ‘My Applications’ section.
Remember, applications close on the 14th July 2023, so make sure to submit your application before the deadline.
Ensuring Fairness and Transparency
Premier Panyaza Lesufi has assured that the recruitment process for the ‘Nasi iSpani’ initiative will be fair and transparent. To further ensure this, an audit team has been assigned to oversee the entire process.
The ‘Nasi iSpani’ initiative by the Gauteng Provincial Government marks an important step towards addressing unemployment in the province. The online application process ensures accessibility and simplicity, allowing every Gauteng resident an equal opportunity to apply for these job openings.
Let’s remember Premier Lesufi’s words, “Less talk, more work!” Gear up, submit your applications, and best of luck to all applicants!
Download the list of available jobs here.