CHIEF DIRECTOR SPORT AND RECREATION REF NO: 2023/ACSR
PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATION: NORTHWEST DEPARTMENT OF ARTS, CULTURE, SPORTS AND RECREATION
This is a re-advertisement and all applicants who previously applied and encouraged to apply as previous applications will not considered.
SALARY: R1 371 558 per annum (Level 14), all-inclusive package
A relevant undergraduate qualification (NQF 7 or an equivalent qualification), recognized by SAQA. Major subjects in the field of Sport Administration/ Science will serve as added advantage. Five (5) years appropriate experience at a senior management level in any of the three spheres of government; Experience subjects in the field of Sport Administration/ Science will serve as added advantage. A pre-entry certificate for SMS must be completed before an appointment can be considered; Candidates must be multi-skilled, dynamic, self-motivated professional with well-developed and proven leadership and management abilities; Good communication, managerial, organizational and writing skills; Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills; Ability to interact at a high level; Must have a valid South African driver’s license (Code 08). Competencies: Strategic Capability and Leadership. People Management and Empowerment. Capability and Leadership. Programme and Project Management. Financial Management. Change Management. Service Delivery Innovation. Problem Solving and Analysis. Communication. Honesty and Integrity and the Batho Pele Principles. KPA: Manage and Coordinate Community Sport, Sport Performance, Mass Participation in Sport. Plan, develop and formulate sport strategies for all sporting codes. Oversee the coordination of sport activities including community and in-school sport. Manage and coordinate recreation in the Province.
- Planning and implementation of community sport (clubs development and recreation).
- Planning and implementation of mass participation (school sport).
- Planning and implementation of sport performance.
- Ensure and align the business strategies of North West Sport Commission, North West Sport Confederation and PROREC to the Chief Directorate Strategic plan and Annual Performance.
- Conduct meetings with North West Sport Commission, North West Sport Confederation and PROREC on the development of the business plan.
- Monitor the implementation of the business strategies of North West Sport Commission, North West Sport Confederation and PROREC.
- Monitor the implementation of the sport activities.
- Conduct monthly meetings of the Chief Directorate to assess performance.
- Consolidation of the sport activities report on a monthly and quarterly basis by the Chief Directorate.
- Consult with Recreation Structures (LOREC, DISREC and PROREC) on the implementation of recreation.
- Conduct quarterly meetings with PROREC to monitor the implementation of recreation.
- Consolidation of the PROREC report on a monthly and quarterly basis.
This Department is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender and disability) e.g., White, Indian, Coloured and African, in the Department through the filling of posts. Women and People with disability are encouraged to apply.
All applications must be addressed to: Head of Department, Department of Arts, Culture, Sports and Recreation, Private Bag X90, Mmabatho, 2735 or Hand delivered to Human Resource Management, Ground Floor, Gabomotho Building, 760 Dr James Moroka Drive, Mmabatho, 2735.
ENQUIRIES: Mr T Mpuisang Tel No: (018) 388 2739
CLOSING DATE: 20 November 2023