HEAD OF DEPARTMENT (NURSING COLLEGE) GENERAL NURSING
SCIENCE) REF NO: GS 92/23 (X1 POST)
Component: KwaZulu Natal College of Nursing – Grey’s Campus
SALARY: Grade 1: R645 720 per annum. Plus 13th cheque, medical-aid (optional) homeowners allowance (employee must meet the prescribed requirements)
CENTRE: Greys Hospital, Pietermaritzburg
Senior Certificate/Grade 12 Plus A Diploma /Degree in Nursing, and Midwifery or Equivalent qualification that allows registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse. A Post Basic qualification in Nursing Education registered with SANC Plus Registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse in Nursing Education. Current Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) 2023. A minimum of 9 (nine) years appropriate/recognizable nursing experience after registration as a Professional nurse with SANC in General Nursing. At least 5 (five) years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognisable experience in Nursing Education after obtaining 1 year post-basic qualification in Nursing Education. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit proof of experience/certificate of service endorsed by HR Department. Recommendations: A post registration qualification in Nursing Management/Nursing Administration/Health Services Management. Unendorsed valid Code EB driver’s license (code 08). Computer Literacy. Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Abilities: The incumbent of this post will report to the Principal of Grey’s Campus and will be responsible to coordinate, implement and monitor an effective and efficient clinical training system. The ideal candidate must: Possess knowledge of Public Service Administration Acts and Legislation such as Health Act, Higher Education Act, SAQA Act, NQF, Nursing Act, Rules and Regulations, Council on Higher Education Policies, College Policies, PSR, Disciplinary Code and Procedure, Labour Relations Act, etc. Have in-depth knowledge of procedures and processes related to nursing and nursing education and training. Possess sound knowledge and understanding of nursing code of ethics and professional practice of the South African Nursing Council. Thorough knowledge and understanding of Nursing Standard of Practice and Scope of Practice. Possess knowledge of curriculum development and review. Knowledge of procedures and processes related to coordination of undergraduate and postgraduate Nursing. Possess proficiency in teaching and assessment in Nursing Education. Possess sound knowledge of planning, scheduling, implementation of Nurse training programmes. Possess sound conflict and decision-making/problem solving skills. Have good research and analytical skills. Have excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written). Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office package, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Good interpersonal relations. Ability to work within set deadlines. Willingness to travel.
- Coordinates the provision of education and training of Student Nurses. Manages clinical learning exposure to students between college and clinical areas.
- Coordinates and ensure clinical accompaniment of students. Coordinates the implementation of new Post-Graduate Diploma in Oncology & Palliative Nursing, as well as undergraduate Advanced Diploma in Midwifery and Diploma in Nursing programme/s.
- Develops and ensure implementation of quality assurance programmes. Collaborates with other internal and external stakeholders and build a sound relationship within the Department.
- Supervision and management of performance and development of staff under your discipline in accordance with EPMDS policy.
- Oversees the supervision of students. Policy analysis and development. Development and review of nursing curricula for all categories of training.
- Implements the new nursing programmes in line with SANC and CHE regulations. Participates in the provisioning of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities at the Campus.
- Participates in all governance structures of the College.
Applications to be forwarded to: The Human Resources Management Office, Greys Hospital Private Bag X9001, Pietermaritzburg, 3200.
Target for this post is: African Male and African Female.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs. B.E Shezi- Grey’s Campus Principal Tel No: (033) 897 3508
CLOSING DATE: 01 December 2023